What is the faith?
- The "faith" is belief in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua in Hebrew).
- Those who have faith are baptized via water immersion.
- "Called out" to join the body of Christ, which is referred to as the Church.
- Participates in the eating of bread (Christ's body) and the drinking of wine (Christ's blood).
- Those in the faith receive "grace" or unmerited favor by God.
- Faithful believers are able to receive forgiveness of sins by praying in the name of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ).
- The faith requires obedience to GOD in harmony with the Holy Scriptures.
Who is jesus christ?
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Father Yahweh.
- Jesus Christ came to earth and redeemed us from our sinful lives.
- Anyone who believes in Jesus has the promise of everlasting life.
- He has existed alongside the Father for eternity.
- He left the right side of the Father to come to earth to be born as a human to a virgin named Mary.
- Jesus led a sinless, perfect life, and set the perfect example of how to worship God in truth and have genuine love for mankind.
- Jesus sole purpose is to glorify God, His Father.
- All things were created through him and by Him, including the heavens and the earth.
- He sacrificed His life for us on the Cross (T-shaped stake or tree).
- He rose from the dead after three and a half days.
- He ascended back to heaven to sit at the right hand of His Father.
- His once for all time blood shed for our sins gives us permanent forgiveness and reconnects us to God, the Father.
WHo is GOD?
- Elohim or "God" is a title that in the ancient Hebrew literally translates into the English word, "powers".
- These powers (GOD) are the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Each has no beginning or no end.
who is the father?
- He is the Almighty Sustainer, Sovereign Lord (Adonai in Hebrew) of everything in existence.
- His name is Yahweh (YHWH), which means "to cause to be or exist."
- He is greater than the Son, Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua).
- He cannot lie.
- He is an eternal spirit.
- There is no other GOD before Him.
- He is loving, merciful, and slow to anger.
who is the holy spirit?
- He is the spirit (immortal being) of the Father and the Son.
- He inspired the writers of scripture.
- He leads us to the Father and the Son.
- He teaches and convicts us to worship the Father.
- He gives us spiritual gifts and talents.
- He was sent to comfort, strengthen, and correct the Church.
- He bears witness of Christ and through the Holy Scriptures leads the Church in all truths.
what is the church?
- The word church in Greek is ekklesia (ecclesia).
- Translates literally to "called out ones."
- It is the body of baptized believers who confess faith in Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua) as Lord and Savior.
- Endures through the end of the age by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Declares the Gospel or "good news" to the inhabited earth.
- Receive our authority from Christ.
- Keeps the Commandments of God and bares witness of Jesus Christ.
- Assembles together to edify one another in the worship of GOD.
what are the holy scriptures?
- The infallible words of God written in the Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek and Aramaic (New Testament) languages.
- Written by righteous men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- Teaches the Church the appropriate way to worship God.
- Shares God's prophetic voice concerning the restoration of His heavenly kingdom on earth.
- Do not contradict.
- Interprets itself.
- Beneficial for equipping, teaching, and disciplining the Church in purity of thought, actions, and deeds.